Insoles can provide proper support for your ankle up to your mid-back, they can also provide you more pedaling power and create more overall comfort.
This is the reason why it is important to replace the paper-thin factory insoles with your favorite cycling shoes. However, cycling shoe insoles are not self-saving. You should not forget that the basis for a comfortable ride lies in a correct bike fit. Ensure you have the correct bike size, saddle height, saddle type, cleats position, etc.
If you experience excessive pressure, inflamed matatarsalgia, sore feet, feet numbness, or efficiency losses, then cycling insoles may help you. It can also help with foot stability and prevent injuries caused by postural imbalance.
With all that being said, we are sharing with you our list of the best insoles for cycling shoes or footbed options to help you find your best support.
- The icebug slim comes in 3 arch heights: low, medium and high. All featuring a large metatarsal bump and is perfect even for shoes with non-removable footbeds. This slim insole is just around 5 millimeters thick at the heel and 2 millimeters at the forefoot.
- It is made of a nylon top layer to prevent the foot from slipping and EVA foam layer for comfort without sacrificing performance. Its large metatarsal pad or bump can relieve overuse pressure from cycling and its deep heel cup will ensure that your foot stays in place.
- This cycling insole has a hard plastic foundation to support the heel, arch, outer foot and forefoot. Its overall design and construction makes it our top choice for the best overall insole.
- Well thought out design
- Low volume that fits extremely well
- Comes in 3 arch heights (low arch, medium, tall or high arch)
- Lightweight and Durable
- Supportive insoles / Good metatarsal support
- Sizes may be too long for others, but can be trimmed
- The Sole Active Thin is our top choice for the most overall comfort and this is because the insoles have several features that make them stand out. It has a heel cup that supports inverted or everted structures and the lateral arch is also built up more than several of the other brands.
- It is latex-free, contains no animal product and its EVA is made with 20% industrial scrap. It is also medically accepted by the American Podiatric Medical Association and has a polygiene coating for active odor-control with the use of recycled silver salt.
- This insole is density mapped so that it can provide support where it’s needed most, and it can reduce plantar fascia strain, improve balance and promote natural foot alignment.
- Medium arch height
- Heat and wear moldable for customized fit
- Improves Balance
- Reduces plantar fascia strain ot plantar fasciitis
- Distributes weight and pressure equally
- Can be trimmed
- May be too wide for others
Superfeet, CARBON Pro Hockey, Carbon Fiber Professional Performance Hockey Skate Insoles, Unisex, Blaze Yellow
- Regardless of its name, the Superfeet Carbon Pro Hockey works well in cycling shoes due to its distinct orthotic shape and low-volume design that can help improve the fit and feel of tight-fitting athletic footwear like cleats and lightweight shoes.
- It has a knit polyester top cover, polyethylene foam, and EVOLyte cap made of nylon and carbon fiber for lightweight performance and to provide structure and support. The structured heel cup also helps stabilize and support the foot and positions the heel to naturally absorb impact.
- This superfeet insole has a wider forefoot and can accommodate a wider range of footwear and the beveled edge on the foam improves the fit in tighter-fitting shoes. Additionally, the perforations in the foam under the midfoot and forefoot can reduce weight and improve breathability.
- Great power transfer
- Incredibly comfortable
- Unique approach on arch support
- Can be trimmed
- Works well for hiking, walking, and running shoes too
- They may be too squeaky
- These insoles are popular cycling insoles among people with normal arches because they provide medium arch support. The Oboz O FIT is also our top choice for anyone looking for the best budget insoles. They are anatomically designed to maximize stability and support.
- The Oboz O FIT is made of high density EVA sculpted arches to offer superior support, high density EVA deep heel cups have the ability to maximize stability and support while improving natural cushioning. It also has these Poron performance pods that provide superior shock absorption and rebound.
- To prevent the growth of odor-causing microbes in the fabric, the Oboz O FIT features a moisture-wicking top layer with an adaptive soft foam underlay for antimicrobial odor control.
- Moisture Wicking
- Absorbs shock and rebound
- Medium Arch
- Deep cushioning heel cups
- Can be trimmed
- Wears out faster than others